Sunday, June 17, 2007

Oh, Now I Remember!

I'm in the very long process of whittling down 10 hours of useless footage on my way to producing a reasonable facsimile of a "tour movie". Along the way, I find i'm able to piece together a few scant whiffs of memories. Also I'm able to tell from how much the camera shakes whether I was in the cups at that time. It's a fun game.
Here's a few clippos:



This is from the show in Mexicali, Mexico. We probably were in Mexico for less that five hours, yet it felt a lifetime (in a good sorta way). Matt Z was filming this. I was still jumpy at this point about filming the shows. I never wanted to be one of those butt-holes that push up front and act like they're videotapping the best Ratt show ever. I was also jumpy because I have never been to a foreign country before (Canada don't count). My unfortunate education in movies had me believing the night would end in a shallow grave, sans kidney, with some sort of veneral disease and a bad case of the poo poos. I was foolish. The bar itself, the Berlin 77, was pretty cool. The patrons seemed to favor The Smiths, Depeche Mode, and New Order on their jukebox. No fooling. Cheveu had a good show. Tyvek show was good too. There wasn't a mike stand present at the time, so Kevin had to sing through a mike duct taped to a stripper pole. Ha ha. Mexicali was a good town to experience Mexico. It seemed pretty straight up and down.



This here is from Oakland. Now, I've got better versions of "Needles Drop", but I figure I should save em' for the movie. It was a fun show. We planned ahead and got ample supplies of whiskey. I was a little sad that Cheveu gave up the Jameson's for the crowd. But how else can those snooty cheese-eaters win over a crowd? With their music? Cassé!! Nice Smile had another in a line of sweet shows and Pets were pretty sweet as well. That was a nice thing about the tour. Pretty much all the bands were awesome. Not a stinker in the bunch. Some were super awesome. In that GPGB category (Great People Great Band). Here's an example of one of those such bands:

Exhibit A: "Ammunition"



Exibit B: "Rat Hotel"



It's the Charming Snakes!

That's that,
Joe

PS: More to come and other stuff besides...

1 comment:

terriblist said...

awesome awesome. did you see the "other" charming snakes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48fRWjN2MA

filmed in Kentish Town!